Feature: E3 2008 [Other Games]

Friday, July 18, 2008

By Pierst179

Nintendo does enjoy messing with their fans. If during the first hours of the day most fans were going through deep disappointment and some of them were angry enough to state that the company had betrayed them in order to seek immense piles of gold that casual fans hold a bright light started shinning on the horizon because Mr. Miyamoto had some pretty interesting things to say about a few games that are supposedly being developed on Nintendo's headquarters.

Matt Casamassina from IGN did a great job by asking the correct questions to the man who directs Nintendo's most important projects, and as a reward he had some good revelations to show the fans. Miyamoto hinted that new Zelda games are being produced both for the Nintendo DS and for the Nintendo Wii since he said the two Zelda teams were working really hard and exchanging some nice and new ideas between them since members from the teams keep moving from one game to another.

When asked about a new Kid Icarus game he said he was not the producer of any Kid Icarus games and therefore wouldn't be able to comment on that. It sure isn't a confirmation, but it implies that there is someone within Nintendo that is indeed the producer of a Kid Icarus game. Later on the same interview Matt told him he really wanted to see a new Super Mario Galaxy game, to that Miyamoto replied "Leave it to me" which must rank among E3's coolest moments.

As I have already said more than a thousand times I know many people will say that Nintendo is being lazy when and if they indeed announce a direct sequel to Super Mario Galaxy. But the truth is the only way we will get a new Mario platform this generation if it is called "Super Mario Galaxy 2" simply because I don't think Nintendo would have time to develop a whole new concept for yet another Mario game before this generation ends, as we know the Mario Galaxy gameplay was being tested since the Nintendo 64 days.

He also said they were thinking about what to do with the Pikmin series which is no big surprise since he stated the same thing a few months ago which leads me to think that the game is either not being developed yet, or it is initiating the development process.

Other interesting games that were being shown for the Nintendo Wii:

The Conduit - This is supposed to be the ultimate FPS game on the system and according to many impressions around the internet - a few framework problems aside - the game is close to perfect. The controls are great and I don't even need to say anything about the graphics since we all know this is bound to be the best looking title for the system so far. I'm looking forward to the online multiplayer which will feature 16 players and support Wii Speak.

Call of Duty 5: World at War - I just watched a video of the game and it looks very nice. I guess Nintendo Wii owners will get two pretty good shooters in a not so distant future.

Spore Creatures DS - It is going to be awesome but where is the Wii version anyway? I'm starting to get worried because I was sure EA was going to unveil it on E3 but they just showed us a DS version of the game. I would love to see this game heading to the Wii.

GTA Chinatown Wars - My expectations for this game are pretty high, I wonder if it is going to be a 3-D or 2-D game. Based on the website of the game I know it is going to use the Wi-Fi connection and I'm curious to know how they are going to use it. GTA games have always been great and this one will sure keep the same quality the series is known for.

Dead Rising - I'm surprised to see some people calling this one a port. It is a XBOX 360 title so I don't feel as if Capcom is trying to get some easy money from Wii fans. The game looks perfect for the Wiimote and I think that was one of the main factors that contributed for the development of a Wii version. From what I read the 360 game had some flaws let's hope they are fixed on this version.

Sim City Creator - I have always loved Sim City games and I think this version won't change that. The game seems to use the Wiimote in many different ways. My only concern is if the game will be simpler than other Sim City installments since games of the series have always been quite deep and challenging, and that's what I want to see on the Wii version.

Wario Land Shake It! - I have watched so many trailers of this game today and I think it is my most anticipated game right now. I'm just worried about how long it will be. Other than that the animations are gorgeous and so are the scenarios. The game seems to present a huge array of abilities to be performed by using all the Wiimote has to offer.

I hope I didn't forget to mention any games.

0 comments: